Re: upgrading from skype 7

Nicki keck <jesusgirl71@...>

I did, eventually.  It seems to be working fine here.  It’s not nearly as bad as I feared.

From: skypeenglish@groups.io <skypeenglish@groups.io> On Behalf Of Smiling?
Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2018 12:15 PM
To: skypeenglish@groups.io
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] upgrading from skype 7

Just go to ninite.com and grab it there or go to your Skype help menu and check for updates there.

From: skypeenglish@groups.io [mailto:skypeenglish@groups.io] On Behalf Of Nicki keck
Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2018 9:13 AM

I have wanted to upgrade.  Every day for the past few months, every time I bring up skype, I get the upgrade prompt.  Now that I actually want it, it isn’t coming up, so I guess I’ll have to look for the update in skype 7 and do it myself.  Funny how when you don’t want something to appear, it’s there like clockwork, but when you do, it doesn’t appear for days.

From: skypeenglish@groups.io <skypeenglish@groups.io> On Behalf Of Clare Page
Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2018 5:02 AM

Hi!

In answer to Gary’s question, hitting the Update Now button when I opened Skype 7 yesterday immediately sedt the installation of Skype 8 going, so I now have Skype 8 on my Windows 7 computer.

Skype 8 is definitely very different to Skype 7, but I find it accessible, even without the NVDA add-on. I don’t use JAWS, so I don’t know how accessible Skype 8 is without JAWS scripts.

Bye for now, and happy skyping!

From Clare

From: skypeenglish@groups.io [mailto:skypeenglish@groups.io] On Behalf Of Michele Barbi
Sent: vendredi 20 juillet 2018 19:26

Gary asks:
"If we just accept the update when we get the notice after opening skype will it update to  the latest version of skype 8?"
Hi Gary and all,
yes I think so. I sincerely did not do it, scripts are not available in Italian yet. One friend of mine is using english scripts though, so it's possible that I'll do it soon as well.
Bye!
Barbuz

Join main@skypeenglish.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.