I firmly believe that these attempts to create apps for the blind when the mainstream ones are not as accessible as they should be is wrong.
We should be working to help make these apps completely accessible. It is not easy but, in doing so, we're far better off than settling for a skype blindness substitute.
John
At 07:08 AM 7/17/2018, you wrote:
I am not aware of a way to create an app like that at this time. I also don't consider it either necessary or wise, though: I consider it unnecessary because Microsoft is working on making this Skype accessible. I consider it
unwise because (1) it could reduce Microsoft's incentive to do that, and (2) the new app would very likely have trouble keeping in sync with new features of the Microsoft offerings as they become available.

On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 09:40:32AM -0400, Joseph Machise wrote:
dug, is it possible, that someone will make another program like GW, you no
we should talk to microsoft about this maybe we should go to these consumer
organizations,it doesn't matter how hard you try dug, it just doesn't work,
please except my input from Joseph.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Doug Lee" <dgl@dlee.org>
To: <skypeenglish@groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 9:08 AM
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] Answers regarding Windows Skype

Which browser you use or have installed will not affect Skype 8. Skype 8
is an Electron app, and Electron is basically web content in a Chrome
control that does not run inside an actual browser.

On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 02:28:02PM +0200, Michele Barbi wrote:
Many thanks for these infos Doug, I think they're useful for everyone.
Mostly
I did not expect Skype 8.x to be compatible with Windows 10, I knew it
only
worked with Windows 7 and 8.
Now a question for those who can help. Opening the link for the Skype 8
scripts, and the manual afterwards, I read this on the system requirements
section:
"These scripts require JAWS 17.0 or greater. (JAWS versions prior to 17.0
do
not support web site specific scripts, and Skype 8 runs inside a Google
Chrome
window.)"
I didn't install Google chrome in my desktop machine, I am running Firefox
instead. Will this cause any kind of problems when using Skype 8?

Level Access doug.lee@LevelAccess.com
http://www.LevelAccess.com
pedal:
The effect of putting your foot down is a bit hard to predict!
(04/04/2012)

"The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them
to choose from." -- Andrew Tanenbaum

JAWS Certified, 2014.