Re: Quitting Skype 8

Mike Bernard

Pete,

Although I don’t use skype 8, I’ve found that you can quit by going to the toolbar in skype itself, and arrowing down to the sign out option. You’ll find this under the skype menu. I just hope that microsoft realizes that they are likely to lose customers over the massive drastic changes in skype. Sometimes I think they care more about their pockets and getting rich, rather than making things user-friendly for their customers.

Mike

From: skypeenglish@groups.io [mailto:skypeenglish@groups.io] On Behalf Of Pete via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2018 1:17 PM
To: skypeenglish@groups.io
Subject: [skypeenglish] Quitting Skype 8

Hello all,

I have just upgraded from the classic desktop Skype 7 to Skype 8 on my machine running Windows 10 and the latest JAWS and Doug’s latest script, Revision 39.

In previous versions I could quit without signing out from the Skype menu in system tray, now when I go to system tray, Skype is there but the menu appears impossible to navigate, nothing is announced when cursor or tab keys are pressed, however when I press insert+b, a set of options is announced, the last of these being quit, so it seems that a sighted person can click here to quit Skype, does anyone know if it is possible to quit Skype with a screen reader?

Regards,

Pete H.

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Join main@skypeenglish.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.