Re: Microsoft is Killing Skype Classic on September 1-

Doug Lee

Clarification: All Skype versions allow multiple simultaneous chats, but only Skype Classic allows chats to appear in separate windows. In Skype classic's default view and in all other Skype clients for Windows, you switch
among chats by choosing different conversations in the conversation list. I was doing that in Skype Classic for years already and have not used separate windows in a very long time, so admittedly I'm quite used to this.

On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 01:32:12PM -0500, Gary Jackson wrote:
Only chat with one person at a time? That's a foreign idea to me. I
often have several chats going.

Gary

----- Original Message -----

From: [1]Sarah k Alawami

To: [2]skypeenglish@groups.io

Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 11:40 AM

Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] Microsoft is Killing Skype Classic on
September 1-

It works and works well. You only chat with one person at once
anyway, and you do't want too many resources to be taken up, so take
it, or uninstall skype and never use it.

I use skype 8 every day for my jobs and don't mind that it is only 1
chat, it always has ben one chat and always will be one chat.

On Jul 16, 2018, at 11:38 PM, Octavian Rasnita <[3]orasnita@gmail.com>
wrote:

OK, but then how it can be considered OK, or even acceptable?
We might accept this limitation and not start chatting with more than
one person concomitently, but other people might start chatting us.
What can we do in that case? Can we distinguish somehow the source of
chat messages? Can we decide to whom we want to type to if this thing
happends?

The very bad policy of forcing us to use another worse application
doesn't make me have the courage of trying Skype 8, see if I like it,
and if not, return to Skype 7 at least for the next one month and a
half, because I'm afraid that this might be impossible and I might need
to start using the worse solution right now.

--Octavian