Re: Microsoft is Killing Skype Classic on September 1-

Sarah k Alawami

Actually I’m also using the windows versio of skype, the updated one  that came wiht my machien and navigating it with out the scrits is way way easy. It acts just like skype on the mac where you no longer have the chats in separate windows. I’v eactually alwasy wanted that to be gone as I cannot multi task. Go to anchor.fm/ke7zum and  check out my demo on the new skype for windows   10 I might even put it up on my mix cloud as well. I got the hang of it after maybe about 5 minutes. It is not that bad really. And I’m using no addons for nvda as far as I know to access the new features. The keyboard shortcuts even work fine.

On Jul 17, 2018, at 10:54 AM, Octavian Rasnita <orasnita@...> wrote:

Sarah,

I kindly remember you that your needs and preferences are not the need or preferences of all computer users.
If you are happy with the limited features offered by the new version of Skype is OK, but it might not be OK for other users.

If you consider Mac as beeing the best OS, then this means that it is the best OS for you, not for everybody. Other people may be forced to use another operating system because there are some applications they need to use which don't exist for Mac, or are not accessible etc.

--Octavian
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 7:40 PM
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] Microsoft is Killing Skype Classic on September 1-

It  works and works well. You only chat with one person at once anyway, and you do’t want too many resources to be taken up, so take it, or uninstall skype and never use it.

I use skype 8 every day for my jobs and don’t mind that it is only 1 chat, it always has ben one chat and always will be one chat.
On Jul 16, 2018, at 11:38 PM, Octavian Rasnita <orasnita@...> wrote:

OK, but then how it can be considered OK, or even acceptable?
We might accept this limitation and not start chatting with more than one person concomitently, but other people might start chatting us.
What can we do in that case? Can we distinguish somehow the source of chat messages? Can we decide to whom we want to type to if this thing happends?

The very bad policy of forcing us to use another worse application doesn't make me have the courage of trying Skype 8, see if I like it, and if not, return to Skype 7 at least for the next one month and a half, because I'm afraid that this might be impossible and I might need to start using the worse solution right now.

--Octavian