Re: Answers regarding Windows Skype

Sarah k Alawami

I agree. And what are these blindo organization going to do? Nothing. It is upto microsoft and only microsoft. Not the blindo organizations that don’t really accomplish much in terms of accessibility and software in my humble opinion. So yeah contact microp and see if  you can submit feedback. Idid and the mac client is much much better.

On Jul 17, 2018, at 8:20 AM, Shaun Oliver <blindman75@...> wrote:

I agree with doug's answer on this matter, because it should be part of the remit of the software vendors to strive to insure their apps are accessible, and not up to a blindness organisation who in real terms is only in it for the holy dollar to get more of our hard earned just to give us access to an app we can already get for free in the first place. we should not have to pay through our hind ends for the right to be able to use someone's app.

On 17/07/2018 23:38, Doug Lee wrote:
I am not aware of a way to create an app like that at this time. I also don't consider it either necessary or wise, though: I consider it unnecessary because Microsoft is working on making this Skype accessible. I consider it
unwise because (1) it could reduce Microsoft's incentive to do that, and (2) the new app would very likely have trouble keeping in sync with new features of the Microsoft offerings as they become available.

On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 09:40:32AM -0400, Joseph Machise wrote:
dug, is it possible, that someone will make another program like GW, you no
we should talk to microsoft about this maybe we should go to these consumer
organizations,it doesn't matter how hard you try dug, it just doesn't work,
please except my input from Joseph.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Doug Lee" <dgl@...>
To: <skypeenglish@groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 9:08 AM
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] Answers regarding Windows Skype

Which browser you use or have installed will not affect Skype 8. Skype 8
is an Electron app, and Electron is basically web content in a Chrome
control that does not run inside an actual browser.

On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 02:28:02PM +0200, Michele Barbi wrote:
Many thanks for these infos Doug, I think they're useful for everyone.
Mostly
I did not expect Skype 8.x to be compatible with Windows 10, I knew it
only
worked with Windows 7 and 8.
Now a question for those who can help. Opening the link for the Skype 8
scripts, and the manual afterwards, I read this on the system requirements
section:
"These scripts require JAWS 17.0 or greater. (JAWS versions prior to 17.0
do
not support web site specific scripts, and Skype 8 runs inside a Google
Chrome
window.)"
I didn't install Google chrome in my desktop machine, I am running Firefox
instead. Will this cause any kind of problems when using Skype 8?

Doug Lee                 dgl@...                http://www.dlee.org
Level Access             doug.lee@...
http://www.LevelAccess.com
pedal:
The effect of putting your foot down is a bit hard to predict!
(04/04/2012)