Re: Answers regarding Windows Skype

Doug Lee

Which browser you use or have installed will not affect Skype 8. Skype 8 is an Electron app, and Electron is basically web content in a Chrome control that does not run inside an actual browser.

On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 02:28:02PM +0200, Michele Barbi wrote:
Many thanks for these infos Doug, I think they're useful for everyone. Mostly
I did not expect Skype 8.x to be compatible with Windows 10, I knew it only
worked with Windows 7 and 8.
Now a question for those who can help. Opening the link for the Skype 8
scripts, and the manual afterwards, I read this on the system requirements
section:
"These scripts require JAWS 17.0 or greater. (JAWS versions prior to 17.0 do
not support web site specific scripts, and Skype 8 runs inside a Google Chrome
window.)"
I didn't install Google chrome in my desktop machine, I am running Firefox
instead. Will this cause any kind of problems when using Skype 8?

The effect of putting your foot down is a bit hard to predict! (04/04/2012)