Re: What now?

cecropia64

My question as well.

On 7/16/2018 6:01 PM, Stephen Troy wrote:
Sarah

Do you recall seeing an email from doug in which he states he doesn't believe the lifespan of skype 8 will last very long?

Therefore, if classic goes, and 8 follows, where are we then?

-----Original Message-----
From: skypeenglish@groups.io <skypeenglish@groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2018 8:20 PM
To: skypeenglish@groups.io
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] What now?

I dunno. I personally am loving the skype new interface. I can actually I believe hear when my contacts come online. I think I can see it anyway I have to play with it. and as for Itgroups I’m not having any issues wiht those. Iv’e ben able to create and add to groups. Over all the experience is very good.

On Jul 16, 2018, at 12:02 PM, Mike Bernard via Groups.Io <mbern6516=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

What concerns me, is the interface. Particularly the contacts list. People I know who are screen reader users, have complained that in Skype 8, they have no way to know when someone is either online, offline, away, Etc. Then of course, there's the confrence call thing, sending ims and command structure as a whole and so forth. I've heard reviews from both the sighted and the blind, and unfortunately, none of them have been good. Basically, many people are saying, "what the heck did microsoft do to this program?" That's not actually the way I wanted to put it, but I didn't want to come out and curse on the list. But trust me when I say, people are hating this new version. Just in case, I'm also looking into another voip program.
Mike