From: skypeenglish@groups.io [mailto:skypeenglish@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dan Eickmeier via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2018 3:20 PM
To: skypeenglish@groups.io
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] What now?

Yeah I couldn’t agree more Mike. When i first tried Skype 8 on the mac, I tried it briefly, I decided to totally abandon it, and have switched to zoom.

On Jul 16, 2018, at 3:02 PM, Mike Bernard via Groups.Io <mbern6516=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

What concerns me, is the interface. Particularly the contacts list. People I know who are screen reader users, have complained that in Skype 8, they have no way to know when someone is either online, offline, away, Etc. Then of course, there's the confrence call thing, sending ims and command structure as a whole and so forth. I've heard reviews from both the sighted and the blind, and unfortunately, none of them have been good. Basically, many people are saying, "what the heck did microsoft do to this program?" That's not actually the way I wanted to put it, but I didn't want to come out and curse on the list. But trust me when I say, people are hating this new version. Just in case, I'm also looking into another voip program.
Mike