Re: What now?

Mike Bernard

Dan,
Do you know if this new version will work with the Iphone? I have friends who for one reason or another are currently restricted to using their Iphones when using skype.
Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: skypeenglish@groups.io [mailto:skypeenglish@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dan Eickmeier via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2018 3:20 PM
To: skypeenglish@groups.io
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] What now?

Yeah I couldn’t agree more Mike. When i first tried Skype 8 on the mac, I tried it briefly, I decided to totally abandon it, and have switched to zoom.

On Jul 16, 2018, at 3:02 PM, Mike Bernard via Groups.Io <mbern6516=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

What concerns me, is the interface. Particularly the contacts list. People I know who are screen reader users, have complained that in Skype 8, they have no way to know when someone is either online, offline, away, Etc. Then of course, there's the confrence call thing, sending ims and command structure as a whole and so forth. I've heard reviews from both the sighted and the blind, and unfortunately, none of them have been good. Basically, many people are saying, "what the heck did microsoft do to this program?" That's not actually the way I wanted to put it, but I didn't want to come out and curse on the list. But trust me when I say, people are hating this new version. Just in case, I'm also looking into another voip program.
Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: skypeenglish@groups.io [mailto:skypeenglish@groups.io] On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2018 2:42 PM
To: skypeenglish@groups.io
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] What now?

Basically after September u won’t be able to use it. I would learn the skype 8. It actually is not that bad. Ive ben using it for my job since about maybe July or late June and I am actually loving it.

On Jul 16, 2018, at 10:36 AM, cecropia64 <cecropia64@...> wrote:

So what does this mean for those of us using Skype classic? What happens now?

Join main@skypeenglish.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.