Re: What now?

cecropia64

thanks for the heads up.

Stew

On 7/16/2018 4:24 PM, Doug Lee wrote:
You might be helped by my JAWS scripts for Skype 8 at http://www.dlee.org/skype/electron/ or by my NVDA add-on for Skype 8 at http://www.dlee.org/skype/electron/skype.nvda-addon

These of course work with Skype 8 but not Skype 7.

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 02:34:28PM -0500, Josephine Hirsch wrote:
I am using Skype version 7.5.9 for Windows 7, and Skype 8 does not work very
well with my computer, JAWS, nor NVDA.

On 7/16/2018 2:32 PM, Mich Verrier wrote:
Hi all I am running Skype?????? Version 7.41.0.101 on windows 10 and jaws 2018.is this the version that is not going to work after September? And if so where do I get skype 8? From Mich.

-----Original Message-----
From: skypeenglish@groups.io <skypeenglish@groups.io> On Behalf Of Josephine Hirsch
Sent: July 16, 2018 3:23 PM
To: skypeenglish@groups.io
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] What now?

When I tried Skype 8 on Windows, and it have no option for checking my voicemail.. It is basically for Windows 10, and I have Windows 7 as my computer's OSSo I switched it back to Skype Classic

On 7/16/2018 2:20 PM, Dan Eickmeier via Groups.Io wrote:
Yeah I couldn???t agree more Mike. When i first tried Skype 8 on the mac, I tried it briefly, I decided to totally abandon it, and have switched to zoom.

On Jul 16, 2018, at 3:02 PM, Mike Bernard via Groups.Io <mbern6516=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

What concerns me, is the interface. Particularly the contacts list. People I know who are screen reader users, have complained that in Skype 8, they have no way to know when someone is either online, offline, away, Etc. Then of course, there's the confrence call thing, sending ims and command structure as a whole and so forth. I've heard reviews from both the sighted and the blind, and unfortunately, none of them have been good. Basically, many people are saying, "what the heck did microsoft do to this program?" That's not actually the way I wanted to put it, but I didn't want to come out and curse on the list. But trust me when I say, people are hating this new version. Just in case, I'm also looking into another voip program.
Mike