Re: skype versions and scripts

Doug Lee

Skype 8, which I call Skype Electron sometimes, is the intended replacement for Skype 7 on Windows versions older than Windows 10. Skype UWP is the intended replacement for Skype 7 on Windows 10. Microsoft is retiring Skype 7
although we don't have a timeline indicating when it will stop working. To my knowledge though, Skype 7 is no longer on the skype.com website, and Microsoft @SkypeSupport personnel on Twitter are telling people that Microsoft
can no longer provide that version for download.

On Thu, Mar 01, 2018 at 07:55:16PM +1030, Marvin Hunkin via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi. Using the classic skype 7.4 with jaws 2018. Did try the windows 10
metro app a few months back and was not too bad. I am a member of a
student group, the lecturer, course I am doing from
[1]http://www.upskilled.edu.au certificate iv interactive gaming and
digital media. So, what does all the different versions, what's skype
eletron. And did have the skype app for windows 10, and did not find it
too bad. So my question is:

Do I keep the old classic skype, migrate to the new metro app and get
the skype upw ascripts and what's eletron. Understand skype for
business, if for business owners and do have that as part of my office
2016 32 bit, but have not used that, got the skype classic app from
[2]http://www.ninite.com, so, any ideas, any help, if Microsoft is
retiring it, which version to go to and which one will work with jaws
2018, which I use as my main screen reader, and also nvda works quite
well.

Thanks.