Re: Can't get SkypeUWP scripts from dlee.org to work

ann

It does contain the microsoft.SkypeApp jcf and jss files. It also has a ton of SkypeUwp files.

~Ann

On 2/22/2018 11:30 PM, Doug Lee wrote:
Does your JAWS user folder contain any files starting with Microsoft.SkypeApp? Even if letters are not capitalized as I just did here? Also make sure you see a bunch of skypeuwp... files in that folder.

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 11:12:55PM -0500, ann wrote:
Hi,

There were no errors when I ran?? the .exe installer file.

I did not hear any version number. But, here is the virtual buffer output from
typing Ins+q twice:

JAWS Settings Information:
Default settings are used in the Microsoft.SkypeApp application.
The configuration name is Microsoft.SkypeApp.
The current scheme is Classic.

List JAWS Hot Keys
Press ESCAPE to close this message.

On 2/22/2018 11:07 PM, Doug Lee wrote:
A few questions:

1. Did you get any error messages during install? I assume here that you ran the installer. Manually unpacking the installer file into settings\enu will not work.

If you got a compile error and you find a uia.jsh file in the JAWS user folder, remove it and run the installer again. Note though, I mean the user folder, not the shared folder. The user folder is what you get by going to
Explore JAWS, Explore My Settings.

2. When you run the installer, you should see a list of JAWS versions. Make sure your JAWS version appears in that list and that it is selected. By default though, all JAWS versions recognized are selected.

3. Assuming you can install without an error message, then go into Skype and type Ins+Q and tell me what revision number you hear. If Ins+Q does not speak a revision number, go to the next question.

4. Virtualize the Ins+Q output by typing Ins+Q twice quickly, then paste the resulting user buffer into your next message to this list, so I can see it.

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 01:41:28PM -0500, ann wrote:
Hi folks,

I am using Jaws18 and Windows 10, latest version. Since i understand Microsoft
is getting rid of the old Skype Desktop program, I am trying to learn to use
the newest version of Skype for Windows10. I downloaded Jaws scripts from
dlee.org and ran the executable .exe installer. But these scripts do not seem
to be loading when I start Skype the trusted app version.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks so much for any help,

~Ann