Re: creating a new account

cecropia64

You are right.  That does suck!

On 1/28/2018 8:55 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
Yes, unless, you put a display name, however to add the person you would need to add a phone number. I don't like that as I don't want my student's emails or phone numbers to seen. That to me is a big fail.

On Jan 28, 2018, at 5:08 PM, cecropia64 <cecropia64@att.net> wrote:

So does this mean that you don't have a username at all. That the only thing that shows up in your contacts list is a phone number?

On 1/28/2018 8:02 PM, Stephen Troy wrote:
thanks sarah and I couldn't agree more with that the fact that it
sucks big time.

pathetic by Microsoft.

Yes. As of 2016 or 2015 you can no longer use a user name to create an
account. You have to use an email or phone number. It sucks big time.

I hope that helps just a little bit.

On Jan 28, 2018, at 3:15 PM, Stephen Troy <stephentroy1961@gmail.com>
wrote:

hi guys

I was am trying to create a new account for a friend and the first
thing I see is enter phone number and then create a password.

once the account is created and I open skype, the phone number I used
is displayed as the username rather than the person's name.

any one got a clue as to why this is happening?

i'm using windows 10, jaws 2018 and skype version 7.40.103.

many thanks in advance

steve