Skype for Windows and checkbox, "keep Skype in the taskbar while I'm signed in"

Michele Barbi

Hello guys,
I have a little curiosity for expert users. A friend of mine was having an issue with Skype where it stood in the taskbar, she searched for the checkbox which I mentioned in the subject but without finding it; so another person made her turn on the compatibility mode for Windows vista in the properties of the main executable file.
Now the question: did ms really remove that checkbox, and if so does anyone know why? I sincerely am unable to understand it.
Marry Christmas and happy holidays to you all.