Re: latest skype update

Dan Eickmeier

I’m on a 200 MBPS down connection here, and i’ve got 11 MBPS up.

On Sep 9, 2017, at 1:13 AM, Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

I'm on a 50 mb down connection and a I so I should not be getting what sounds like an under water sound when students talk to me.  I'll just keep fighting it I guess. Lol!
On Sep 8, 2017, at 9:49 PM, Jerry Pryde <jpryde1@...> wrote:

I could be mistaken.  But, I’m using windows 7 desktop, with Skype 7.4, and the audio’s excellent, and rare dropped calls.
Internet speed varies depending on provider.
I’m wondering if that’s not a factor.

Sent: Saturday, September 09, 2017 12:45 AM
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] latest skype update

I've noticed that   as well. I'm a bit worried that if I can't understand what my students are sayig in a few years because of skype I might be out of a job.

Take care
On Sep 8, 2017, at 9:06 PM, Dan Eickmeier <va3ets2000@...> wrote:

Agreed, Michael.  I find too, that when you get into a conference call, at least on the mac side, that when nobody is talking, you get this constant hiss, and then when somebody speaks, the noise goes away. I’ve noticed lately too, that the audio quality seems to have gone down in later versions as well, it just doesn’t seem as crisp and clear to me as before.

On Sep 8, 2017, at 10:19 PM, Michael Amaro <mikeameli@...> wrote:

I really wish they would fix the bandwith issue.  As it stands now, with the newer versions of the desktop skype you can't seem to play using an external mixer