Skype under Windows xp, is it still possible?

Michele Barbi

Hello guys, I am having an issue with a friend of mine who is still using Windows xp nevertheless its support is officially down. On his pc he used Skype ver. 7.28, but trying to call some users or join them to conferences it says his version was out-of-date; the problem is we did not manage to update it to the latest 7.40, even because although I thought all was ok now the desktop icon gives an error message which I personally don't remember.  Now, a doubt came to me where Windows xp is no longer supported by Skype; did anyone read some official report about it?